You may have heard about turmeric from someone that is cooking a curry or from a health enthusiast that is consuming curcumin supplements. Turmeric has been used for thousands of years by people in Southeast Asia, and it’s a very popular and well researched supplement. It is a plant from the ginger family (the scientific name is Curcuma Longa), and it is harvested, cleaned, cured and dried, and then sold in large chunks or fine grounded powder.
It contains a lot of curcumin, which is a naturally occurring chemical that has plenty of health benefits thanks to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. By combining turmeric, black pepper & coconut oil, you will have a powerful combination of ingredients that can aid relief from multiple health conditions.
Let’s investigate the benefits of turmeric one by one and see how they can help your body:
The Health Benefits of Turmeric
- It reduces inflammation – Chronic inflammation can cause a lot of health issues on the long term, including arthritis and joint pain. Curcumin extracts may be as beneficial as ibuprofen, with less side effects.
- It is a powerful antioxidant – Some of the polyphenols found in turmeric have free-radical fighting properties and can also increase the activity of certain antioxidant enzymes in the body. This way you can prevent cancer and heart disease, fight inflammation and slow down the aging process.
- It preserves brain function – Turmeric has been shown to be beneficial not only for depression, but also for those suffering of Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
- It reduces depression – and speaking of this, curcumin may be as efficient as Prozac in mild forms of depression.
- It helps the memory – Turmeric improves memory and learning by increasing the expression of certain receptors related to them.
- It helps with prostate issues – because it reduces inflammation. Curcumin may help manage pelvic pain and prevent prostate cancer. The nanocurcumin particles found in this plant have very powerful anticancer properties.
- It helps with diabetes – Curcumin lowers the levels of hemoglobin A1c in patients with type 2 diabetes and it improves the tolerance to glucose. It may also lower fasting levels of blood sugar, total glucose and the bad cholesterol.
- It aids with weight loss – because all of the above mentioned properties, as well as the fact that it increases the sensitivity to insulin, turmeric may be very beneficial for those looking to lose weight, as it can assist the fat burning process.
- It helps the liver
- It helps with stomach problems – When it comes to inflammatory disorders of the stomach, turmeric can help with bloating, constipation, pain, the irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
- It aids with skin problems – Last but not least, turmeric is also available in the form of gel. It has great effects for lightening the skin, for slowing unwanted hair growth, for soothing psoriasis, for reducing acne and fading acne scars, for reducing sun damage and wrinkles, for healing wounds, treating scabies and improving a few other skin conditions.
The Health Benefits of Black Pepper
- It improves the absorption of turmeric – The main concern with turmeric is that it is poorly absorbed by the body. That’s why piperine (a compound found in black pepper) is paired with Turmeric in our blend. When piperine and turmeric are blended together the bioavailability of turmeric increase up to 2,000%. Thus meaning your body is able to absorb the amazing benefits of the turmeric, in particular, the curcumin.
- It is high in antioxidants – Excessive free radicals from pollution, smoking and sun can cause inflammation, aging, heart disease and even cancer. Black pepper and piperine supplements may reduce the damage caused by free radicals.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties – Piperine along with turmeric may fight inflammation and prevent conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, heart disease and others.
- It benefits the brain – black pepper extract may improve memory for those suffering of Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s disease.
- It may improve blood sugar metabolism – as well as improving the sensitivity to insulin.
- It may lower cholesterol – Not only does piperine aid better cholesterol, it also increases the effects of other cholesterol lowering supplements such as turmeric and red yeast rice.
- It may have cancer fighting properties – Test tube studies have shown that piperine can slow down the replication of various types of cancer cells.
- It may promote gut health
- It may offer pain relief
- It may reduce appetite – being beneficial for those that want to lose weight.
The Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
- It increases the good cholesterol
- It’s good for diabetes – coconut oil can lower obesity levels and improve insulin resistance.
- It may improve Alzheimer’s disease – thanks to the generation of ketones.
- It may reduce heart disease and high blood pressure – by improving the good cholesterol, and also by helping the conversion of good cholesterol into bad one.
- It aids the liver
- It gives energy – The medium chain fatty acids that it contains go straight to the liver where they are converted into energy.
- It aids the digestion – by helping with the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and also by eliminating toxic bacteria and candida.
- It helps the skin to heal – wounds, burns and dermatitis. But it can also be used as a sunblock and a moisturizer for the skin.
- It has anti-aging properties – thanks to the antioxidants it contains.
- It has fat burning properties
- It reduces appetite
- It boosts the thyroid function – which then reduces the body’s resting heart rate and increases the fat burning process.
Turmeric, Black Pepper & Coconut Oil – A Powerful Combination
As you can see, these 3 foods have plenty of health benefits on their own. But, if you take them together you will increase their effects and make them work even better for your body and health. For a wide variety of turmeric products, you can check out this page.